Federal Judge Orders Sale Of Helicopters, Houseboats, Vintage Cars And Real Estate Linked To Alleged $275 Million Online Scam Operated By Jailed Utah Internet Marketer Jeremy Johnson
A federal judge has ordered the sale of helicopters, airplanes, houseboats, vintage cars and real estate allegedly linked to a massive fraud scheme engineered on the Internet by Utah resident Jeremy Johnson and dozens of corporations, including at least 51 shell companies.
Johnson, 35, has been jailed in the United States since his June arrest at a Phoenix airport at which federal agents allegedly found him in possession of $26,400 in cash and a one-way ticket to Costa Rica.
The FTC charged Johnson and the companies in December 2010, alleging they hatched a government-grants and continuity-billing scheme that defrauded consumers of $275 million. A federal judge ordered an asset freeze and appointed a receiver, and the receiver’s request to start selling off assets linked to the scheme has been granted.
These are among the assets ordered sold by U.S. District Judge Roger L. Hunt of the District of Nevada at the request of receiver Robb Evans. (This list is not all-inclusive):
- 1978 Cessna P210N.
- 2008 Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter.
- 1968 Piper Navajo.
- 2005 Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter.
- 2009 Piper Malibu Mirage.
- 1978 Beech C24R.
- 1957 Chevrolet Belair Convertible.
- 1972 Chevrolet Nova SS Clone.
- 1952 Ford O Matic.
- 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454.
- Honda Pilot Dune Buggy.
- Custom made snow plane. (Not airworthy. Used for travel over snowy terrain.)
- Two Skipperliner houseboats, one a 75-foot craft, the other 74 feet in length.
Office furnishings, fixtures and equipment also were ordered sold:
- 82 West 700 South, St. George, Utah.
- 575 East 30 North, Ephraim, Utah.
- 11 West 700 South, Ephraim, Utah.
- 302 West Hilton Drive, St. George, Utah.
- 147 North 100 West, Mendon, Utah.
- 392 West 400 South, Manti, Utah.
- 575 S. Main, Richfield, Utah.
- 127 Hollister Avenue, Santa Monica, Calif.
- No. 91 North Front Street, Belize City, Belize.
- Five parcels of adjacent and/or related parcels of raw land identified as Parcel #4200-B-HV, St. George, Utah, Parcel #4201-A-HV & Parcel #4201-B-HV, St. George, Utah and Parcel #4203-HV & Parcel #4150-B-HV, St. George, Utah.
- 750 South Main, Highway 89, Ephraim, Utah.
Chad Elie, a Johnson business associate implicated in a probe into illegal gambling, told a magistrate judge in July that Johnson had stockpiled caches of gold and cash and hid it in Utah, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.