Zeek Receiver Establishes Victims’ Email Address In Advance Of Sentencing Next Month For Dawn Wright-Olivares and Daniel Olivares
2ND UPDATE 12:53 P.M. EDT U.S.A. With sentence court set next month for Zeek Rewards’ figures Dawn Wright-Olivares and Daniel Olivares, Zeek receiver Kenneth D. Bell has established an email address for victims who wish to tell their story to the court.
“Victims of these offenses are entitled to be heard at sentencing,” Bell wrote in an Aug. 29 announcement on the receivership website. “If a victim would like to have a letter describing the impact that ZeekRewards had on them submitted to the Court please send an email to HearingLetter@zeekrewardsreceivership.com. I will be attending the hearings on behalf of all ZeekRewards victims and will present your letters to the Court.”
Sentencing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 13, Bell wrote.
Wright-Olivares and Olivares pleaded guilty in February 2014 to the criminal charges against them. Zeek operator Paul Burks was found guilty on criminal charges last month. No sentencing date has been announced for him.
Under the terms of her plea agreement, Wright-Olivares faces a maximum of 10 years for investment-fraud conspiracy and tax-fraud conspiracy. Olivares face a maximum of five years for investment-fraud conspiracy.
Bell wrote that “the Court would like to hear about any of the below circumstances”:
- Becoming insolvent;
- Filing for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code;
- Suffering substantial loss of a retirement, education, or other savings or investment fund;
- Making substantial changes to his or her employment, such as postponing his or her retirement plans;
- Making substantial changes to his or her living arrangements, such as relocating to a less expensive home; and
- Suffering substantial harm to his or her ability to obtain credit.
Burks potentially faces 65 years in federal prison.